Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas - Stockade style

     I came across a picture yesterday. In it I'm standing in the stockade parking lot, lunch bag in hand. In both hands actually. Behind me is the guard shack. Looks pretty much like I remember it. Except for the sign on the shack reading Merry Xmas.  Don't remember that at all. We sure were a festive group. And seein' as how this was a prison, we even had a sense of humor about us. Maybe a little sadistic but that was life in the Army.
     Behind me stands the poinsettia hedge in full bloom. Neat touch. I sure don't look like much to be afraid of. But my boots are shiny. Guess that was my strategy. Baffle 'em with my boots. By the time they figure out that I ain't what I seem, I'll be long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment