Sunday, July 29, 2012

Apology for Stopping or Restarting

     A couple of weeks ago I wiped out this blog. Lock, stock and shinny-wah-do. Probably did it 'cause of lingering mixed emotions about the war and my involvement in it. Not that I did anything more evil or stupid than most of the grunts over there. But the entire affair was a 'whole lot of shit" per the real Forrest Gump. You know, the one in the book who went into space with a woman and an ape named Sue. That one.
     So, there we were, sittin' at a lake up north of the cities. Up there crashin' a family birthday party for a real good friend. And one of the in-laws, a good man at least as far as everything but his judgement of writing, asks me about the Army blog and how it's comin'. Seems he'd been reading it. And enjoying it. How weird is that? And why in the hell did I stop writing it? 'Bout that time I was ready to ask him if most of what he read came with hand-drawn pictures. With ducks as heroes.
     Don't mean no offense with that but I've read what I've written. I like it but then am old enough to know my shortfalls in life. How my favorite character from fiction still is Pud who starred in the tiny comic that came with Dubble Bubble. And I'm not talkin' about the cleaned up skinny kid from the '60s. He looked way more like a Gary if you ask me.
     Long story short,  I was shamed into finishing this epic of Western literature. Or condemnation of the American educational system. Take your pick. And will again do it in the style of Andy Griffith as stand-up comedian from the 1950s mixed in with good ol' Forrest in which it started. So here goes ... again.

1 comment:

  1. To my dear friend Mark: Thank you for reconsidering and to keep moving forward. As you well know, sometimes things are beyond anyones control. I have always felt that writing is a diuretic.

    Take a load off Fannie...

    David

    ReplyDelete